Monday, March 7, 2011

OH MY GOD I HATE MY LUCK!

...

...

I really hate my luck.

So, I was about to do a final rendition of my latest work and release it, along with the finished version of Clanner...

... and my hard drive died.

Its dead.

Not dead as in "Maybe it's just a corruption I can fix with a repair disk" dead.
Dead as in, IT CANNOT BE SEEN FROM A LIVE CD OF LINUX OR THE BIOS ITSELF.

Its all gone.

Kaput.

Missing.

Dead.

All that work... all that effort... for WHAT?!
So the hard drive can fail?

Luckily for me, I had been making continuous recordings onto CD to keep a record of how I progressed... and to listen to it in the car.

... these however are not the original files, which means I have to
1: Buy a new hard drive.
2: Reinstall Windows (I HATE YOU WINDOWS)
3: Reinstall Cubase
4: Reinstall my VTS instruments.
5: Reinstall the drivers for my piano's interface.
6: RE-RECORD EVERYTHING!!!!!!

As it stands right now, I'm using a live CD of linux with no physical hard drive to write this. (I LOVE YOU LINUX!)

So... I've got 5 days of work ahead of me in my full time headache, after which I'll be buying a hard drive, and getting the whole process started AGAIN.

Yeah, it's my fault for not keeping lots of backups...
... but at the same time... I can't help but feel enraged at the shoddy manufacturing processes of these hard drives... THIS WASN'T SOME CHEAP DAMNED DRIVE I GOT AT A DISCOUNT PRICE!

And its dead... along with countless days of work.

I will be making continuous backups of EVERYTHING from now on.
I cannot express how incredibly angry I am at the moment.

Back to the daily grind until I can pay for a replacement drive and start fresh again...
Looks like I won't be posting the finished version of Clanner, but I'll post the near finished version I had kept on CD later so you can hear it.

No comments: